Phuong Trang Restaurant started out in our family kitchen serving traditional Vietnamese family-style dinners for family and friends. Known as com thang, month of meals, we offered three courses of food, which changed daily. The concept became so popular that we opened a small restaurant in Linda Vista in 1988 to cater to the hundreds of families picking up their daily dinners. In 1992, we opened our current location on Convoy St., offering an extensive menu featuring authentic Vietnamese food. Only the freshest ingredients are used, and quality is never compromised. Most items are served with a generous assortment of fresh vegetables and herbs. Being one of the healthiest foods around, Vietnamese cooking has quickly become popular with guests of all ages. We welcome you to experience our cuisine and hope to see you soon!
- “San Diego Magazine’s best restaurant in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012″
- “Best Vietnamese 2007 & 2008″ – San Diego Citysearch.
- “Voted Best Vietnamese Restaurant in San Diego 2007 by 10 news A List.”
- “San Diego Best Asian Restaurant” – San Diego Magazine, David Nelson.
- “San Diego Best Vietnamese Cuisine” – San Diego Reader, Naomi Wise.
- “Highlight in Dining” – PING Magazine, Michael Nguyen.
- “Best Seafood Restaurant” – Union Tribune, W. Douglas Verkaaik.
- “The Silver Fork Award ” – San Diego Home & Garden.
- “Simply Awesome!!!” – Peponchas Ronchas.